This integrated campaign built on the success of the Flagstaff Cool Zone, an out-of-home (OOH) placement within the Legends Entertainment District in downtown Phoenix. #VisitCool featured unique ice and snow activations throughout the Phoenix-metro region during the 2015 Fourth of July weekend highlighting the temperature difference in this drive market. The year-long campaign was launched with prize giveaways, digital, video, and search placements within targeted region, social media component, interactive programs, website, and media coverage.
Over a two-day period large, frozen, interactive features, including bikes encased in ice, snowboard lessons in July, trekking poles, skis and more were placed in eight valley-wide locations. Brand ambassadors at each location engaged with crowds, gaining email sign-ups and providing key campaign concepts.
- Launch Weekend Highlight Video
- #VisitCool Presentation
- Won Destination Marketing Association of the West (DMA West) Best Idea Award 2015
- More than $35,000 media value over two-day launch period
- Nearly three million impressions
Brand USA Marketing Partnership
Developed a partnership with Brand USA to increase the presence of Flagstaff in their international marketing initiatives; not only through participation in the cooperative marketing programs, but interacting with them as a strategic partner and taking part in MegaFAM’s, social and media efforts.
- VisitTheUSA Flagstaff enhanced webpage
- Autumn adventure video
- Hosted Brazilian influencers as part of their Road Trip
- Selected to take part in United Kingdom MegaFAM itinerary (2016)
- Selected to take part in Australian MegaFAM itinerary (2014)
Flagstaff Visitor Profile Study
Throughout 2014 the Flagstaff CVB contracted with the Northern Arizona University Hospitality Research and Resource Center to conduct a year-long visitor intercept study. I was the lead contact for this project, coordinating with intercept locations and the vendor throughout the study. All the data compiled was condensed into a profile sheet and community presentation.
- The Flagstaff Visitor Profile fact sheet was developed for partner use
- Presentation of the data to a group of more than 70 area partners
Flagstaff Selfie Trail
Taking a selfie is now the way many travelers experience a destination. To capture this audience we developed the Flagstaff Selfie Trail; a map of the most iconic selfie locations in the city. Not only was a print and online map created, but metal decals were adhered to each location showing the photo opportunity.
- Launched September 2015 with brochure and ground icons
- Video developed to promote the quirkiness of the program
Explore Flagstaff Guides
In order to increase the length of stay and awareness of the Flagstaff as a destination, the Explore Flagstaff brochure was created. The collateral piece highlights five days of itineraries with suggested routes and attractions. This piece is used not only at the Visitor Center, but distributed through international representation firms, sales missions and direct mail.
- Designed and translated into 8 languages; English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Chinese and Italian
- Available in print or online
Flagstaff Cool Zone
Year-long outdoor placement within Legends Entertainment District in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. The placement includes 1,200 square feet of street level, walkable imagery, live temperature display, and branded activations. Call to action included VisitCool.com webpage and social media engagement (#visitcool).
- More than 4 million impressions
- Launched in July 2014 alongside Arizona Office of Tourism interactive campaign
- Hosted Instameet with InstagramAZ, Arizona Diamondbacks and Legends District; 50 people participated generating, 9,857 Instagram photo likes
- Developed relationship with AZ Super Bowl Host Committee for increased exposure
- 2015 Hermes Gold Award for Outdoor Advertising
- 2014 Communicators Gold Award for Outdoor Advertising
- Presented at the 2015 Arizona Governor’s Conference on Tourism